Sunday, May 27, 2007

On the brink of a bloodbath...

"Not far from the Islamic extremists holed up in northern Lebanon this weekend, a boy called Yousef Abu Radi was lying on his side, swathed in bandages. He had escaped the hell of Nahr al-Bared refugee camp, but only just.

“I was with my father and my mother and my little sisters and we were trying to get out of the camp,” said the 12-year-old, his brown eyes wide and fearful as he clung to a blue sheet. “We were about 40 metres from the army checkpoint when there was shooting at the bus.

“The bus flipped and I was trying to shield my little sister when I felt something hit my back. I saw my mother was hit in the head and she was dead instantly. My little sister doesn’t know yet.”

Yousef’s mother, Montaher, 38, was six months pregnant. In the mayhem the driver of the bus was also killed."


full story here....





why not peAce..?
topbop!

No comments: